BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
3253 N Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, HI 96819-1907
Phone: 808/836-3636 | Fax: 808/834-7406 | 274 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Whether traveling for business or leisure, BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel is the perfect Honolulu Airport hotel to call home while visiting Oahu.
This pet-friendly Honolulu hotel provides easy access to the area's most popular destinations, including beautiful beaches, parks and universities. The moving Pearl Harbor USS Arizona Memorial is only three miles away, and the Joint Base Pearl Harbor- Hickam is also nearby. Enjoy Hawaii's natural splendor at the Moanalua Gardens or while exploring the tennis and archery facilities at Central Oahu Regional Park, or take in an exciting game at Aloha Stadium. Our corporate travelers enjoy close proximity to federal and state offices in downtown Honolulu, as well as the Campbell Industrial Park and the Chevron® and Tesoro Refineries. The facility is also located just eight miles from the University of Hawaii at Manoa and five miles from Hawaii Pacific University. You can’t beat our location at the Honolulu Airport.
Among Honolulu's eco-friendly hotels, BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel features 274 renovated guest rooms with all of the conveniences of home - including a microwave, refrigerator, cable satellite television, free high-speed wireless Internet access, a relaxing outdoor pool and an on-site restaurant. Our commitment to the highest level of customer service makes our facility a perfect event space in Honolulu, with facilities to accommodate up to 150 people. Located just one mile from the Honolulu International Airport, our guests enjoy stress-free travel with our complimentary, 24-hour airport shuttle. We offer much more than the standard Honolulu Airport Hotel.
There's no better way to experience the beautiful island of Oahu. Make an online reservation today to start planning your stay at BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Outdoor pool
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Banquet facilities
- Meeting facilities
- Airport courtesy shuttle available, 24 hours
- 24-hour front desk
- Baggage hold, 24-hour front desk
- Hearing impaired services
- Late check out, based on availabilty
- Multilingual staff
- Paid parking, nominal fee
- Doctor on call
- Parking for the physically challenged, 24 hours, nominal fee
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Ice/vending machines
- Garage parking, 24 hours nominal fee
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Business center, kiosk with printing capability
- Printer available
- Fax services, nominal fee, plus long distance charges apply
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Equipment rental, nominal fee
- Laundry-valet, offsite facilities, hours from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. There is a coin laundry onsite for guest to use.
- Dry cleaning same day
- All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western the plaza hotel in Honolulu.
BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western the plaza hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 21.335835 / Latitude: -157.913315
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: All directions. A half mile East of Honolulu International Airport on Nimitz Highway. Just minutes away from Pearl Harbor, shopping centers, attractions, landmarks, beaches, downtown Honolulu and Waikiki is the BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel.
BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The deep cove in Hanauma Bay State Underwater Park is a premier destination for scuba diving, snorkeling and swimming. Located on the south shore of Oahu in Honolulu, the park has been a protected marine life conservation area since 1967. The rich coral reef extends throughout the cove, allowing for excellent underwater views of the diverse marine life.
Relax on the white sandy beach, or pack a lunch and enjoy a sunny picnic. Remember to bring your camera to capture the gorgeous view of the bay. Visitors to this tropical paradise of Oahu rest comfortably at Best Western hotels. Have fun exploring gorgeous Hawaii..
Located on the Big Isle, Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park act as a monument to the state's living and breathing volcanic history. Whether passing through for the awe-inspiring scenery or planning an in-depth exploration, the park offers plenty of activities in the face of nature's most powerful event.
Take in the summit of Kilauea volcano through the scenic Crater Rim Drive, which summits and passes through the caldera floor or head down the Chain of Craters Road, where the route descends to the coastal area of the park and where lava sometimes meets water. Don't forget to take in the park on foot with its many biking and hiking trails.
Serving 21 million annual passengers, the Honolulu International Airport (HNL) serves the city of Honolulu and other communities on the island of Oahu. Owned by the State of Hawaii, and operated by the Department of Transportation, HNL has six runways and three terminal buildings.
HNL is a hub for Hawaiian Airlines, Aloha Air Cargo, go!, Asia Pacific Airlines, Island Air, and Mokulele Airlines. Known as one of the nation’s busiest airports, HNL is a focus city for Allegiant Air, and is served by major airlines like American, Delta, United, US Airways.
The Iolani Palace State Monument is the former official residence of King Kalakaua - Hawaii's monarchy - located in downtown Honolulu. The Iolani Palace was where the King and Queen hosted several events, received dignitaries from around the world, and performed official functions. The palace, built in 1882, has been restored to its former grandeur and is included on the National Historic Landmark Register.
Enjoy touring the first floor, the second floor and the basement gallery exhibits of this magnificent palace. The palace hosts several special events, including weekly free concerts performed by the Royal Hawaiian Band. Best Western hotels provide wonderful, convenient lodging, while visiting the Palace and beautiful Hawaii.
Located on the island of Molokai, Kalaupapa National Historical Park was once the site of a leper colony in the 1800's, originally established to banish all the afflicted onto the isolated Kalaupapa peninsula on the north shore of the island.
Today, the site dedicates the memory of the colony and the experiences of those who lived there. To visit the remote peninsula, visitors must take a commercial tour operated by a third-party. The tours stops at all major points of interest and also includes scenic views of the north shore cliffs.
Gracing the shorelines of the Big Isle, Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park preserves the history and engineering skills of the native Hawaiian people and their lifestyles before the arrival of Western civilization.
Start with a walk along the Pacific Ocean and catch glimpses of coral reefs, sea turtles, and tropical fishes before exploring the fishponds that enabled the native communities to catch fish and survive.
The Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor, located on Ford Island in the middle of Pearl Harbor, is the 8th aviation attraction in the United States. The museum strives to preserve aviation history of the Pacific, educate its visitors and honor aviators in the Pacific Region. The two World War II hangars - survivors of the December 1941 Pearl Harbor attack - house a variety of aircraft, exhibits, a 200-seat theater and the Restoration Shop.
Go behind the scenes on the Aviator's Tour and experience a simulated flight in the Combat Flight Simulator. Stop by the museum cafe for a delicious gourmet burger or sandwich and visit the museum gift store for clothing, books, models and gifts. A quick drive across the Ford Island Bridge brings visitors to Honolulu, where Best Western hotels provide quality lodging in Hawaii.
The Polynesian Cultural Center allows visitors to "travel through Polynesia in a single day." Enjoy the tropical flora, the "erupting" volcano, waterfalls, and lagoon while participating in the Polynesian culture. Schedule time to indulge in the center's award-winning Alii Luau, including Hawaiian music, entertainment, Hula, authentic Hawaiian food and the imu ceremony. Must-see shows include the Rainbows of Paradise canoe show and the Ha Breath of Life evening show, showcasing the rich Hawaiian and Polynesian heritage.
Hands-on activities at the center's eight island villages include spear throwing, fire walking, Tiki carving, tree climbing, tattoos, Haka dance and coconut husking. After a day of exploring the rich Hawaiian culture on the north shore of Oahu, drive a short hour to Honolulu, where you'll find comfort and quality accommodations with Best Western hotels.
Pu'ukola Heiau National Historic Site preserves the ruin of the last major Ancient Hawaiian temple that was built during King Kamehameha I's reign. Built entirely by hand by 1791, the temple was also the site where Kamehameha unified the Big Island of Hawaii before going on to unify the whole state a few years later.
Today, the park is open to walking tours, living history tours, ranger talks, educational tours, and cultural demonstrations. Don't miss the huge temple mound or take to the ocean and see the submerged ruins of a temple once dedicated to the sharks that swim through it.
The USS Arizona National Memorial in Pearl Harbor, was established in 1962 to honor the sailors who lost their life aboard the battleship during the 1941 Pearl Harbor attack. The memorial is above the sunken battleship, which was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1989.
One of the Arizona's anchors is displayed at the entrance to the Visitor Center and one of the two ship's bells is displayed inside, along with exhibits and information. Daily memorial tour tickets are also available at the Visitor Center.
The "tears of the Arizona" - oil rising from the battleship - can still be seen from the memorial. The shrine inside the memorial displays the names of the sailors who died there. Every United States President since Roosevelt has visited the site, along with more than one million people annually. While in Honolulu, stay in comfort and enjoy superior customer service with Best Western hotels in this capital city of Hawaii.
The World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument commemorates sites at Pearl Harbor near Honolulu in Oahu. Visit memorial such as the USS Arizona Memorial, the USS Utah Memorial, and the USS Oklahoma Memorial before visiting the mooring quays of Battleship Row and officer bungalows on Ford Island.
Today, the monuments preserves the stories and perspectives of the soldiers, officers, and civilians involved in the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor. See interpretive sites on the events of the attack and its aftermath alongside memorials to those who lost their lives and the stories of those who survived.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.00 mile(s) from Arizona Memorial
- 3.00 mile(s) from Dole Pineapple Cannery
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pearl Harbor Navy Base
- 4.00 mile(s) from Aloha Stadium
- 4.00 mile(s) from Bishop Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pearlridge Shopping Center.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Iolani Palace
- 7.00 mile(s) from The Punchbowl National
- 8.00 mile(s) from Beach Park and Waikiki
- 10.00 mile(s) from Downtown Honolulu
- 17.00 mile(s) from Hanauma Bay
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hilo Hattie's
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pearlridge Shopping Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Ala Moana Shopping Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Aloha Tower Marketplace
- 8.00 mile(s) from Waikele Center
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 6.00 mile(s) from State Capitol of Hawaii, all federal, state and county offices are located in downtown Honolulu
- 18.00 mile(s) from Campbell Industrial Park
- 18.00 mile(s) from Chevron/Tesoro Refineries
- 8.00 mile(s) from University of Hawaii
- 8.00 mile(s) from Hawaii Pacific University
- 35.00 mile(s) from Brigham Young University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- Plaza Cafe, on premises, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, dinner, Seafood dinner buffet Friday and Saturday, ala carte menu available Sunday and Monday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Willoughby's Restaurant, fast food, American, open for: dinner, open alternate nights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Blimpie® Subs and Salads, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, Located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.c
- 0.10 mile(s) from L&L Hawaiian Bar B Q, fast food, Chinese, open for: breakfast, lunch, Located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Jamba Juice, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, Located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Aloha Sushi, fast food, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, Located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Big Kahuna Pizza, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at Airport Commercial Center, one long block from hotel.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Chan's Gourmet Buffet, buffet, Chinese, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at Airport Commercial Center, one long block from hotel.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Domino's® Pizza, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Pizza delivery available located at Airport Commercial Center, one long block from hotel.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Panda Express, fast food, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Koa Pancake House, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Taco Bell®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Sam Sneads Restaurant, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center overlooking the Navy Marine Golf Course.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Jack in the Box®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesdays, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Subway®, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Loco Moco Drive Inn, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yummy's Korean BBQ, fast food, Pacific Rim, open for: lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 2.30 mile(s) from Kentucky Fried Chicken, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Henry Louies, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located in the Mapunapuna industrial district.
BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Honolulu. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Hawaii's premier cultural event gets underway with dance performances, traditional art demonstrations, and a spectacular parade in downtown Honolulu.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean