BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
3253 N Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, HI 96819-1907
Phone: 808/836-3636 | Fax: 808/834-7406 | 274 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Whether traveling for business or leisure, BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel is the perfect Honolulu Airport hotel to call home while visiting Oahu.
This pet-friendly Honolulu hotel provides easy access to the area's most popular destinations, including beautiful beaches, parks and universities. The moving Pearl Harbor USS Arizona Memorial is only three miles away, and the Joint Base Pearl Harbor- Hickam is also nearby. Enjoy Hawaii's natural splendor at the Moanalua Gardens or while exploring the tennis and archery facilities at Central Oahu Regional Park, or take in an exciting game at Aloha Stadium. Our corporate travelers enjoy close proximity to federal and state offices in downtown Honolulu, as well as the Campbell Industrial Park and the Chevron® and Tesoro Refineries. The facility is also located just eight miles from the University of Hawaii at Manoa and five miles from Hawaii Pacific University. You can’t beat our location at the Honolulu Airport.
Among Honolulu's eco-friendly hotels, BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel features 274 renovated guest rooms with all of the conveniences of home - including a microwave, refrigerator, cable satellite television, free high-speed wireless Internet access, a relaxing outdoor pool and an on-site restaurant. Our commitment to the highest level of customer service makes our facility a perfect event space in Honolulu, with facilities to accommodate up to 150 people. Located just one mile from the Honolulu International Airport, our guests enjoy stress-free travel with our complimentary, 24-hour airport shuttle. We offer much more than the standard Honolulu Airport Hotel.
There's no better way to experience the beautiful island of Oahu. Make an online reservation today to start planning your stay at BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Outdoor pool
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Banquet facilities
- Meeting facilities
- Airport courtesy shuttle available, 24 hours
- 24-hour front desk
- Baggage hold, 24-hour front desk
- Hearing impaired services
- Late check out, based on availabilty
- Multilingual staff
- Paid parking, nominal fee
- Doctor on call
- Parking for the physically challenged, 24 hours, nominal fee
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Ice/vending machines
- Garage parking, 24 hours nominal fee
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Business center, kiosk with printing capability
- Printer available
- Fax services, nominal fee, plus long distance charges apply
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Equipment rental, nominal fee
- Laundry-valet, offsite facilities, hours from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. There is a coin laundry onsite for guest to use.
- Dry cleaning same day
- All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western the plaza hotel in Honolulu.
BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western the plaza hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 21.335835 / Latitude: -157.913315
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: All directions. A half mile East of Honolulu International Airport on Nimitz Highway. Just minutes away from Pearl Harbor, shopping centers, attractions, landmarks, beaches, downtown Honolulu and Waikiki is the BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel.
BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A premier destination for scuba diving, snorkeling and swimming, the Hanauma Bay State Underwater Park is located on the south shore of Oahu in Honolulu. The park – in service as a Hawaiian marine life conservation area since 1967 – features a rich coral reef extending throughout the cove, allowing for excellent underwater views of the diverse marine life.
Visitors enjoy relaxing at Hanauma Bay Beach Park and stoping at the beach park pavilion, showcasing a collection of nature exhibits, a gift shop, and short educational films. The park also houses extensive hiking trails of Hanauma Bay – ideal for great views of the surrounding bay area.
Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park
Located on the Big Isle, Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park acts as a monument to the Hawaii's living and breathing volcanic history.
Visitors are encouraged to make a stop at the Kilauea Visitor Center and Jagger Museum before their exploration of the awe-inspiring park for some important information about the park's diverse scenery.
Then, take in the summit of Kilauea volcano through the scenic Crater Rim Drive, which summits and passes through the caldera floor or head down the Chain of Craters Road, where the route descends to the coastal area of the park and where lava sometimes meets water. Don't forget to take in the park on foot with its many biking and hiking trails.
Honolulu International Airport
Serving 21 million annual passengers, the Honolulu International Airport (HNL) serves the city of Honolulu and other communities on the island of Oahu. Owned by the State of Hawaii, and operated by the Department of Transportation, HNL has six runways and three terminal buildings.
HNL is a hub for Hawaiian Airlines, Aloha Air Cargo, go!, Asia Pacific Airlines, Island Air, and Mokulele Airlines.
Known as one of the nation’s busiest airports, HNL is a focus city for Allegiant Air, and is served by major airlines like American, Delta, United, US Airways.
Located in the downtown capitol district of Honolulu, the Iolani Palace State Monument is the former official residence of King Kalakaua during the Hawaiian monarchy of the 19th century. The Oahu palace, built in 1882, has been restored to its former grandeur and is included on the National Historic Landmark Register.
Visitors can enjoy extensive tours through areas like the throne room, the dining and reception room, and the Iolani Coronation Pavilion – as well as many other significant areas. Apart from daily tours, the palace hosts several special events, including weekly free concerts performed by the Royal Hawaiian Band.
Kalaupapa National Historical Park
Located on the island of Molokai, the Kalaupapa National Historical Park was once the site of a leper colony in the 1800's, originally established to banish all the afflicted onto the isolated Kalaupapa peninsula on the north shore of the island.
Today, the site dedicates the memory of the colony and the experiences of those who lived there.
To visit the remote peninsula, visitors must take a commercial tour operated by a third-party, making stops at the Kalaupapa Bookstore and a lunch at Kalawao – the latter stop features excellent views of the north shore.
Gracing the shorelines of the Big Isle, Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park preserves the history and engineering skills of the native people and their lifestyles before the arrival of Western civilization. Hawai'i Visitors are encouraged to stop by the visitor center run by the Hawaii Pacific Parks Association for a quick park orientation.
Then, start with a walk along the Honokohau Bleach and catch glimpses of coral reefs, sea turtles, and tropical fish still inhabiting the area. Remants of the 'Ai'opio fish trap and the Pu'uoina Heiau offer great sight seeing opportunities as well.
Located on Ford Island in the middle of Pearl Harbor, the Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor is the 8th aviation attraction in the United States. The site occupies two World War II hangars in Honolulu – including Hanger 37 and Hangar 79 – both survived the attacks and now house a variety of aircrafts, exhibits, a 200-seat theater, and the Restoration Shop.
Oahu visitors can go behind the scenes on the Aviator's Tour and experience a simulated flight in the Combat Flight Simulator. Then, stop by the museum cafe for a delicious gourmet burger or sandwich and visit the museum gift store for clothing, books, models, and gifts.
Located on the northern shore of Oahu, the Polynesian Cultural Center allows visitors to "travel through Polynesia in a single day." Enjoy the tropical flora, the "erupting" volcano, waterfalls, and lagoon while participating in the Polynesian culture. Must-see shows include the Rainbows of Paradise canoe show and the Ha Breath of Life evening show – showcasing the rich Hawaiian and Polynesian heritage.
The center is just a short drive from Honolulu, where hands-on activities at the center's eight island villages include spear throwing, fire walking, Tiki carving, tree climbing, tattoos, Haka dance, and coconut husking. Visitors also enjoy the center's award-winning Alii Luau – including Hawaiian music, entertainment, Hula, authentic Hawaiian food, and the imu ceremony
Pu`ukohola Heiau National Historic Sit
Built entirely by hand in 1791, the Pu`ukohola Heiau National Historic Site preserves the ruin of the last major Ancient Hawaiian temple that was built during King Kamehameha I's reign.
The temple was also the site where Kamehameha unified the Big Island of Hawaii before going on to unify the entire state a few years later.
Today, the park – which is found on the northwestern end of Hawa'ii – is open to walking tours, living history tours, ranger talks, educational tours, and cultural demonstrations provided by the National Park Service.
Don't miss the huge temple mound or take to the ocean and see the submerged ruins of a temple once dedicated to the sharks that swim through it.
USS Arizona Memorial
Constructed in 1962, the USS Arizona National Memorial was built to commemorate the sailors who lost their lives during the 1941 Pearl Harbor attack. The memorial sits above the sunken ship, named a National Historic Landmark in 1989.
Must-sees include the “tears of the Arizona,” and the shrine inside showcasing the names of every sailor who died aboard the ship.
USS Utah Arizona
View historic memorials like the USS Arizona Memorial, the USS Utah Memorial, and the USS Oklahoma Memorial – all are under jurisdiction of the U.S. Navy.
The monuments preserves the stories of the soldiers, officers, and civilians involved in the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor.
Interpretive sites include memorials for Six Chief Petty Officer Bungalows on Ford Island and Battleship Row.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.00 mile(s) from Arizona Memorial
- 3.00 mile(s) from Dole Pineapple Cannery
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pearl Harbor Navy Base
- 4.00 mile(s) from Aloha Stadium
- 4.00 mile(s) from Bishop Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pearlridge Shopping Center.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Iolani Palace
- 7.00 mile(s) from The Punchbowl National
- 8.00 mile(s) from Beach Park and Waikiki
- 10.00 mile(s) from Downtown Honolulu
- 17.00 mile(s) from Hanauma Bay
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hilo Hattie's
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pearlridge Shopping Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Ala Moana Shopping Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Aloha Tower Marketplace
- 8.00 mile(s) from Waikele Center
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- Plaza Cafe, on premises, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, dinner, a la carte menu available Sunday and Monday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Willoughby's Restaurant, full service, American, open for: dinner, open alternate nights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Blimpie® Subs and Salads, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from L&L Hawaiian Bar B Q, full service, Chinese, open for: breakfast, lunch, located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Jamba Juice®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 0.10 mile(s) from Aloha Sushi, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Big Kahuna Pizza, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at Airport Trade Center, 550 Paiea Street, one block from hotel.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at Airport Commercial Center, one long block from hotel.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Chan's Gourmet Buffet, buffet, Chinese, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at Airport Commercial Center, one long block from hotel.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Domino's® Pizza, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, pizza delivery available located at Airport Commercial Center, one long block from hotel.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Panda Express, fast food, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Koa Pancake House, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval Housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Taco Bell®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2.0 mile(s) from Sam Sneads Restaurant, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center overlooking the Navy Marine Golf Course.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Jack in the Box®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesdays, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Loco Moco Drive Inn, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval housing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yummy's Korean BBQ, full service, Pacific Rim, open for: lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval housing.
- 2.30 mile(s) from Kentucky Fried Chicken, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at Moanalua Shopping Center, 930 Valkenburgh Avenue, near Naval housing.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Henry Louies, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located in the Mapunapuna industrial district.
BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Honolulu. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Be sure to check out the 22nd Annual Honolulu Festival this spring in Hawaii. Head for the Honolulu Convention Center on March 11th through 13th for this excellent cultural celebration. Don't miss the Waikiki Grand Parade.
Great Hawaiian Rubber Duckie Race
An ideal event for all members of the family, the 29th Annual Great Hawaiian Rubber Duckie Race is a must. Head to the McCully Shopping Center on March 26th and watch as nearly 20,000 vibrant rubber ducks race a long a 100-yard course.
The Pit Stop: Shop, Dine & Dash
Visit Aloha Stadium on April 12th for the annual Pit Stop: Shop, Dine & Dash. From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., you can sample a wide range of food truck fare, enjoy live entertainment, and peruse the wares of local vendors.
Hawaii Opera Theatre Presents Il Trovatore
Don't miss an evening of grand entertainment in Oahu. Head for the Blaisdell Concert Hall between May 20th and 24th for Il Trovatore, Verdi's famed opera classic. Presented by the Hawaii Opera Theatre.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean